Applicants for membership at Racine Friendship Clubhouse must meet the following criteria:
- Have a major mental illness (ie bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, schizo-affective disorder, major depression)
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be clean and sober for at least 30 days
- Reside in Racine County*
- Have a desire to become an active participant in a supportive, vital community
To apply for membership, please call the clubhouse at (262)636-9393 or email to make an appointment for a tour.
After your tour, you will be given two documents to complete and return to the Racine Friendship Clubhouse:
- A completed application form (please visit the office for a copy)
- A signed consent for release of information (please visit the office for a copy)
Once we have received those documents, the consent for release of information form is sent to your mental health care provider. When that is completed and returned to us, we will then call you to come to the clubhouse for an orientation appointment.
If you have a specific question about the application materials or process, or would like to have an application package mailed to you, please contact the Racine Friendship Clubhouse staff at (262)636-9393, or email us and we will be happy to help you.
*If you are looking for clubhouse services and live outside Racine County, WI, please contact the International Center for Clubhouse Development.